At EcoEarthSeal, we are passionate about water conservation, so we have dedicated our business to helping our customers improve their water conservation efforts. Just like you, we have heard all kinds of water conservation tips over the years. Some are better than others, and some are not very effective at all. Some are things you’ve heard a million times, so you may be wanting to hear new tips that you haven’t thought of before.
Today, we have five unique water conservation tips for you:
- Water Plants with Cooking Water – If you have plants, you should always be creative about how you water them since they don’t need their water to be fresh from the tap. One thing you can do is save your pasta water or water you used to cook vegetables, as long as you didn’t add salt to it. The nutrients from the food can also help your plants thrive.
- Add Mulch to Your Garden – Mulch is extremely helpful in gardens. It allows for better absorption and retains moisture better than regular soil. Plus, it can help reduce runoff, which prevents water waste.
- Use the Garbage Disposal Less – The garbage disposal can be a helpful tool, but there are better ways to dispose of your food. If you start to compost your scraps instead, you don’t need to use water to wash anything down the drain.
- Upgrade Your Shower Heads – Showers are one of the biggest water users in your home. While you could always try to limit how much time you spend in the shower, you can go a step further by installing low-flow showerheads.
- Do Laundry Strategically – Doing laundry frequently, especially when you don’t have a full load, can waste quite a bit of water. Be smart about how often you do laundry, and make sure you’re getting the most you can out of each load to avoid using water unnecessarily.